Data Resources: International and National
- Data.gov: Home of the U.S. Government's open data, compiling datasets from government agencies on topics from Agriculture to Energy, Health to Science & Research.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations Statistics: Includes the World Census of Agricultural and many other data sets (e.g. FAOSTAT, CountrySTAT, Agricultural Market Information System)
- UN Comtrade Database: Free access to global trade data. UN Comtrade is a repository of official international trade statistics and relevant analytical tables, sophisticated visualization tools, and access to the ITC Trade Map (monthly, quarterly and yearly trade data including import & export balues, volumes, growth rates, market shares, etc.).
- U.S. Census Bureau: Data, maps, and publications on the U.S. population and economy including demographics, housing, education, health, and business
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Census of Agriculture: Current and historic agricultural census records from 1840-present (most current Census), with many statistics at the county level. This Census is performed every 5 years.
- Economic Research Service: A rich source of data covering commodities, marketing, farm income and wealth, foreign agricultural trade, etc.
- Economics, Statistics and Market Information System: Managed by Cornell University's Mann Library, this site contains nearly 2,500 reports and datasets from several agencies of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) including the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), Economic Research Service (ERS), Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS), National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), and World Agricultural Outlook Board (WAOB).
- National Agricultural Statistics Service: Production and supplies of food and fiber, prices paid and received by farmers, farm labor and wages, farm finances, chemical use, and changes in the demographics of U.S. producers are only a few examples of the data available from NASS.
- World Bank Open Data: Rich source of data about development around the world, by country, by Topic, by Indicator (e.g. Agricultural Land as % of land area)
- World Resources Institute: Maps and Data on climate, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities. Example: Aqueduct Global Flood Analyzer