To make a contribution by phone, call the University of Minnesota card hotline at 612-626-8560 or 800-775-2187 and leave your:
- full name
- phone number
- type of credit card, card number, expiration date
- amount of your gift
To designate your gift to a particular fund, specify the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences, the Department of Applied Economics, and the name of the specific fund from the list below:
The University of Minnesota Foundation offers a number of helpful alternatives for funding a contribution.
- Securities - Gifts of stock, bonds, treasuries, and mutual funds that have increased in value are a win-win opportunity for you and the U under current tax laws.
- Property - ou can give real estate (homes, cabins, commercial buildings, farm land, and condos) or tangible personal property (art work, book or antique collections, livestock, or crops). In some cases you can continue to use the asset during your lifetime.
- Retirement plan assets - One frequently overlooked way you can make a charitable contribution is by using your IRA, qualified retirement plan assets, or commercial annuities.
- Life insurance - Have a life insurance policy that you no longer need? Giving it to the U can be a way to combine charitable objectives with tax advantages for you.
For more information on these alternatives, contact
Cynthia Cashman, Director of Development
College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences
235 Skok Hall
2003 Upper Buford Circle
St. Paul, MN 55108